Monday, October 2, 2017

A peculiar people who found the key to a peculiar happiness

Family and friends, 

HI! How are y'all?! So first off, if you can tell me who said the quote in the subject line of my email (from General Conference this past weekend), I will give you.... a Book of Mormon!!!! haha ;)

So, we got transfer news from President Smith yesterday and I will be staying here in GULF BREEZE!! So. so. so. happy, and I will be getting a new companion, Sister Sjoblom! Should be lots of fun :) I can not believe this is my last transfer on the mission! Where does the time go?!?

This week was really long. We did tons of biking and walking because we were totally out of miles, but the highlight for sure was GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! These past three days, I have just felt so overwhelmed with happiness. General Conference put me on a spiritual high and I can't stop smiling!! 

As I close this email with my testimony, I am going to quote some of the wonderful words spoken from conference that just really hit me. Elder Stephen W. Owen said, "When we feel the joy of repentance, we want to share it with others." I know this to be true and have seen this in my life. Because of my mission, I know what it's like to truly to repent, and I have also been able to witness sincere repentance in those I have been blessed to teach. I feel so grateful that I get to share repentance with others! To share that if we but turn our hearts to Heavenly Father, He can make us into something we never thought we could ever become. 
President Henry B. Eyring taught a principle that almost brought tears to my eyes...He said, "The Lord will go before your face whenever you are on His errand." Man, do I know this to be true! The Lord has strengthened me on my mission, especially during the times I did not think I could go on! Lastly, I loved President Tad R. Callister and President Russel M. Nelson's talks about the power of the Book of Mormon. I know what they testified of to be true, that the Book of Mormon has inspired millions to reject Satan and live more Christlike lives, and the promise, "If we study the Book of Mormon everyday, we will make better decisions every day!", is true.  Who doesn't want that promised blessing! Just as Elder Neil L. Anderson said at the close of conference yesterday, "You have just heard the voice of the Lord. Now, how will you respond to what you've heard and how you've felt?" 

So, how will you respond?
I love you all, have a blessed week!

xoxo,
sister fletcher

p.s. My favorite talk was by Elder Ronald A. Rasband. His talk really hit me hard for some reason. I invite all of y'all to watch it or study it if you haven't had the chance to yet and tell me what ya think :)
Agedashidofu, a sweet, fried tofu, my favorite!
This is Duke and he is from Japan. We always
talk about Japanese food and it's so much fun!
He made us a full Japanese meal on Saturday.
He is a pro sushi chef who has traveled
all over the world!!
I felt super spoiled!
These are Duke's $3,000 knives!
Just us!
Hasn't been this cold in who knows how long!
The beautiful beach this morning
Dancing with the Stars Relief Society Activity
We had way too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment