Monday, October 9, 2017

#Nasty Nate

Hey everyone! This week was literally insane!! but so much fun. First off, I got a new companion, Sister Sjoblom! She's from North Ogden, Utah, and is the tenth of eleven children. She's so cute and has a guitar on the mission and has been learning to play so I've been teaching her some songs and we jam out all the time! We are going to have the best transfer together :)

So I can now say I survived my first hurricane! Hurricane Nate (Nasty Nate) came through Gulf Breeze late Saturday night. We were able to stay at our sweet bishop's house and he and his wife took really good care of us. (they will be the reason for all the weight I have gained...) I am such a light sleeper so the strong winds and rain kept me up all night but it was a way cool experience! Church was cancelled on Sunday so we us went around the ward boundaries looking for trees and loose limbs on the ground. It was fun to get out and serve! 

This week was nuts with transfers, MLC in Bonifay, and the hurricane! But amidst it all, we were able to pick up an AMAZING new investigator. We went to an acai bowl place one day here in Gulf Breeze which most of you know is like my favorite food EVER. The girl who co-owns the place, Stephanie, moved here from Brazil just seven months ago with her cousin to open up this little shop. She is the cutest thing ever! She speaks very good English but would rather read in Portugese so we were able to order a Portuguese Book of Mormon for her! We dropped it off the other day on the way to an appointment and I don't think I have ever seen someone so excited to have their own Book of Mormon before. I am SO excited to start teaching Stephanie, she seems so prepared by Heavenly Father! I think we should get acai more often ;)

I have been studying a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ lately. A few things I have read have really stuck out to me and I want to share them with y'all :

"During His mortal ministry, the Savior CHOSE to experience pains and afflictions in order to understand us. We also need to experience the depths of mortality in order to understand Him and our eternal purposes."

"The Savior could have known how to succor us simply by revelation, but he CHOSE to learn by His own personal experience."

Key word here is chose. How incredible and unfathomable that the Savior experienced what He did for us and bled from every pore just so He could understand us and succor us when we go through pain and trial. This has taken on a whole new meaning to me throughout the past few months. I feel like we can never fully grasp the Atonement of Jesus Christ or understand it in its entirety, but every time we go through pain and make it out alive, and learn something from it, we are becoming a little bit more like the Savior. Who doesn't want to be more like the Savior? I am so so grateful for Him and His perfect gospel that I have the opportunity to share!

too. dang. blessed.

I love you all!

-sister fletcher

address:
3113 Woods Way #2
Gulf Breeze, FL
32563
Sleepover at Bishops!!
Me and my cute comp
Knocking on doors with shutters for the hurricane 
Beach this morning #daw
Lunch with the district!


No comments:

Post a Comment