Monday, September 25, 2017

Complete indescribable joy

Dear friends, 
HI!! How are y'all?! This week was great, especially because one day this week was my single most favorite day as a missionary. Saturday was truly the most incredible day. 
It was the day Aliza and her two children, Emma and Reid, were baptized. Words can not describe the complete joy felt in that room. I don't know how I got so lucky to witness Aliza and her family's full conversion. They have truly changed for the better and it's apparent to all who know them. They have learned what it means to truly repent and turn everything over to the Savior. One by one, Reid, Emma and Aliza entered into the font and were baptized and Sister Sant and I were able to stand in the back with them as they went into the water. When Reid came out of the water, he had tears in his eyes and said in the most innocent way, " I feel like a new person, and I can't help but cry." After all three of them were baptized, we stood in the changing room with them as they all cried and said they couldn't adequately express how they really felt right then, that they just felt completely clean. 
After the ordinance was performed, Sister Sant and I sang and I played guitar to the song, Joseph Smith's First Prayer. We made it a surprise for the family and at the moment we started to sing, Emma started bawling. I had to look away quickly or I would have completely ruined the song. The spirit was so intense. Then Aliza, Emma, and Reid were given the opportunity to bear their testimonies. I don't think I have ever felt the spirit stronger in my entire life than I did listening to their words in that moment. I couldn't stop crying because of the pure happiness I felt.

My mission is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I can not imagine a life without Aliza, Emma, and Reid. I can not imagine a life with out ALL the incredible people I have met in Florida and Alabama. My life will never be the same. Not to say the mission is a piece of cake, because it's not. It's been the hardest thing I have ever done, but also the most rewarding. I feel as though I can see just a glimpse of the love Heavenly Father has for His children. I feel so blessed to be the one to invite people to come home, to come back to their Heavenly Father. I am overjoyed. 

love, 
sister fletcher
Aliza, Emma and Reid's baptism!!!
Only the best day of my LIFE
Zone conference last week
Missionary Leadership Council
Me and my cute comp
Bye
Love Sis Corbett
LOVE THEM
Sis Housel - my bff
Exchanges with cute Sister Renfro!
The Poling family
(a cute family we started teaching
the gospel to!)
Love this woman

No comments:

Post a Comment