Monday, September 4, 2017

Miracle Week :)

Last Monday we had a lesson in a beach house on Pensacola Beach with two new investigators, Mike and Sandee. It was literally the most beautiful home I have ever seen. I felt like I was on vacation in Hawaii or Tahiti or something. I still can't get over how lucky I am to be serving in Gulf Breeze.  It is SO beautiful and there are SO many prepared people here. We taught them the plan of salvation because they had a son who recently passed away at the age of 27. It was such a spiritual lesson! I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's plan of happiness that he orchestrated for us to be able to return and live with Him and our families one day. 

Last week I mentioned Cynthia! Well, we were able to see her a couple of times this week and she came to church again yesterday!! During our gospel principles class (the second hour of church) we were discussing missionary work. Our ward mission leader mentioned that Cynthia will one day get baptized and she interrupted him in mid sentence and said, "I AM getting baptized on the 30th!!!" She also made the cutest comment, "It's like God sent me these two girls right here." AWWW. Then we went to Relief Society (the third hour of church) and during opening exercises, the Rlief Society president mentioned that some of the women need to volunteer to feed our zone of missionaries for zone conference next week. No one had raised their hand yet but after like two seconds, Cynthia's hand shot up and she said, "I can cook everything!" It was so funny. She is the cutest. She isn't even a member of the church yet and she is volunteering for all these different things! Later, a lady in the ward joked that Cynthia should be the Relief Society president! I agreed! hahaha. After church that evening, we got the funniest phone call ever. Cynthia and Jeremy, her boyfriend, are engaged but weren't planning on getting married for a while. It's been the elephant in the room that she needs to get married before she gets baptized. Sister Sant and I were going to discuss it at the next lesson along with the law of chastity but some of the women after church told her if she gets baptized, she needs to get married first and explained it all to her. One of the ladies in the church called us and told us what happened. Apparently a bunch of the women freaked out and started legit planning her wedding. They already have the Bishop on board to marry them and they said they will start looking for a dress and figure out a way to fly her parents out. It was SO funny. That's something we will be doing over the next few weeks, planning Cynthia and Jeremy's wedding! I'm super excited because we get to be bridesmaids ;)

Aliza and her family are doing so well! We had two great lessons with them all this week and then on Saturday they went down to Ocala, FL, to visit some of her family. Before we even mentioned it, she told us she will be going to the church down there. IS SHE PREPARED OR WHAT?!?! Oh my gosh, guess what! Her mother-in-law is a MORMON!! Who knew?! 
 I love lessons with Aliza. They are always so spirit-filled and emotional. It makes my heart so happy :) Aliiza, her daughter, Emma, and her son, Reid, are getting baptized on September 23rd!!! Could life get any better!??!?!

I just feel so blessed to be a missionary and to be able to learn more about Christ and His gospel through teaching others and seeing repentance in full swing. I have had a lot of reflection this week about my mission, about all the wonderful people I've met and the person I am becoming. I really needed my mission to allow me to turn more towards Jesus Christ and understand his Atonement. Before my mission, I seriously don't think I knew much of anything, or at least understood much of anything. Some people are already awesome and don't need the experience of a mission to grow their faith and turn them more towards Christ, but I did, and still do. I feel like I now know my Savior. I now understand the plan of happiness God has for us. I now can say with 100% certainty that I will be with my family forever. 

Without Jesus Christ's atonement it would be hard to get out of bed every morning. It would be impossible to know complete joy. It would be impossible to repent and become better. I feel so grateful for the knowledge I have gained and the opportunity I've been given to impart that knowledge to others. How great is my calling!! 

I love y'all,
-sister fletcher

My address:
3113 Woods Way, #2
Gulf Breeze, FL 32563
Cynthia at church!!
Zone leaders who showed up to Saturday sports night
with each companionship repping either
Alabama or FSU.  Little did we know the
real teams were actually playing each other
that night. Of course, Alabama won :)
Showing off our new FREE Luluroe leggings!
#perksofbeingamissionary

No comments:

Post a Comment