Monday, September 11, 2017

Wait, there's a hurricane?

Hey guys!! 

This week was NUTS! We went everywhere and anywhere. We drove about 900 miles since Tuesday... Sister Sant and I went on an exchange in Tallahassee on Wednesday. We then we had MLC (mission leadership conference) in Crestview. On Thursday night we came home and the next day, drove out to Brewton, AL for another exchange. Then on Saturday we had an "emergency zone conference" combined with the Mobile zone in Daphne, AL. Our mission president cancelled ours for today because of the storm. This week has been quite the adventure and I'm EXHAUSTED!

Hurricane Irma has made things pretty crazy too. On Wednesday when we were in Tallahassee, our mission president told us to buy lots of extra water in case the hurricane kept us locked up inside. We all went to Wal-Mart and it was insane. Everyone and their dog was there. There was a huge line to get the cases of water and we had to wait for the shipment to even come in. Also that day, all the gas stations were turning their lights off and shutting down. It felt like the world was ending. 

Luckily, my area in Gulf Breeze isn't really being effected by the hurricane. We are getting some strong winds and rain but that's about it. It just breaks my heart to hear about all those who have been and still are being affected. 

At zone conference this week, our mission president asked us this question, "Why are you here?" It really caused me to think and ponder. There is a section in, "Preach My Gospel," that tells you to imagine the last day of your mission and to ask yourself this question, "What differences do you want others to notice in you once you are home?" I have been thinking about that question a lot the past few days. I want others to know that I have loved, that I have accepted people and helped them change and repent but that all comes through loving them first. I also feel as though my knowledge of the gospel has grown SO much and I am so thankful for that. I feel so so so blessed to have chosen to serve a mission and I am determined to make these last few months the greatest. 

I love you all SO much. Thank you for your prayers :))

love, 
sister fletcher
The most incredible view at dinner yesterday!
Yeah, a member in our ward lives in a hotel...nbd
!!
Members giving us canned food for daysssss
My cute friends!
Me and my comp!
Exchange with Sis Burnham!
This is where I live?!
Tallahassee, FL
Shut down gas station!
We found an acai place in Tally!!
My fav!

No comments:

Post a Comment