Monday, May 15, 2017

Your newest campus missionaries

Hi!  This week has been 258547x better than the past few and I am SO GRATEFUL. Seriously though, I have truly found that a teaching missionary is a happy missionary :) Things are starting to pick up here in Bay Minette.  We have done a ton of finding this week including knocking on lots of doors and street contacting a lot of people.  I love just talking to everyone.  Sister Corbett and I have tried to make a goal of talking with everyone about the gospel.  We have had quite a few miracles happen this week.

We had a lesson scheduled with one of our investigators, Angela, but unfortunately she wasn't home so we decided to tract in her trailer park.  After quite a few doors being slammed in our faces and a lot of "no thank you's", we made our way to the last trailer on the street.  An 18 year-old boy, Jaylen, opened the door and actually told us that he is Angela's nephew.  He is graduating this coming week and is looking for a church to attend. Well, look no further ;)  It's so cool how we were about to give up and be done but we decided to go to that one last trailer that was out of the way. It reminds me of President Uchtdorf's talk, "4th Floor Last Door". I have found this to be true so many times on my mission.  It always is at the very end, after we work our hardest, right when we feel like giving up, that Heavenly Father blesses us with success. SO AMAZING.

This weekend we went with about twenty other missionaries to an event in Mobile called, "Feed the Gulf".  People donate tons of canned goods to this organization and they give the food to people in need.  We were all able to serve there for a while and it was so much fun!

On Tuesday we went to the local college campus here in Bay Minette and were FINALLY (after stopping in three times already) able to meet with the public relations director.  She told us that she is totally fine with us proselyting on campus! Ahh!  We were stoked.  Once summer semester starts up next Wednesday, we are going to spend a lot of our mornings there talking with students!  I am SOOO excited about this.  I have discovered on my mission just how much I love teaching people my own age.  It's such a crucial time in their lives, when they are trying to make the many important decisions that will affect the rest of their lives!

On Saturday we had one miracle after another happen.  We decided (actually the spirit told us) to drop by a potential investigator's house.  Unfortunately he wasn't home but I noticed a few  guys across the street.  We went over to talk with them and found out they were visiting from Georgia but their mother who was sitting inside the house lives there.  We had a great discussion about the Book of Mormon and gave a book to each of them and we are going to meet with their mother this coming week. yay!

We decided to go contact another potential investigator a few blocks over and the same thing happened.  They weren't home but we had noticed a young mom and two of the cutest little kids I've ever seen as we had driven down the street. We walked over to them and introduced ourselves.  After a good conversation, we found out she isn't religious.  WHAT? This is SO rare out here and so awesome because she told us she does believe in God but just doesn't know which church is true.  I think someone else had that same question...Joseph Smith? ;) haha  We were able to teach her more and are going to meet with her again this week!  ahh blessings!!

Life is so good :) I am so grateful to be a missionary...like wow.

I was able to talk to my family yesterday and it was amazing!! I love them so much :)  Happy Mothers Day again to my wonderful mom and to all you moms out there.  I love my mom so much <3

Thanks for the love and prayers!

<3
sister fletcher

Sister Kirkman
The Districttt
Literally my favorite human - Sister Hanson
Kinda hard to get to this door! 
Fairhope
ACAI
Sweet Beverly Giles <3
<3
My mommas here...Sis Morris and Sis Hanson
Beautiful Bay Minette

No comments:

Post a Comment