Monday, May 22, 2017

"Be a donor, give your heart to Jesus"

Hi :) How was everyone's week?!  Hopefully y'all are staying cool.  It's starting to get so hot and humid here! This week was crazy.  So much good...so much not so good haha.

First off, I got my subject for the email from a marquee on a Baptist church we always drive by lol.  I thought it was pretty funny :)  There are apparently 92 churches in Bay Minette and Atmore and only one of them is an LDS one, crazy!

Wednesday was truly a day of miracles.  It was one of the best days on my mission this far.  I wish I could write all about everything that happened but as always, time permits me to do so.  I just wanna talk about the incredible lesson we had with one of our investigators, Asia.  I think I mentioned meeting her last week and compared her to Joseph Smith.  Well, we were able to visit with her and teach the restoration of the gospel.  The spirit was really strong throughout the whole lesson, even with her cute little kids there making noise.  At first, she told us this is kind of strange for her, having people over and talking about Jesus Christ and religion because she never has before.  Once I recited the first vision to her and asked how she felt, she said she just felt so good.  At the end of the lesson when Sister Corbett and I testified about the Book of Mormon and how true it is and how much it will improve the quality of her life, and how we know that God is so aware of her because he sent us to her, she started to cry.  She opened up to us, telling us she had actually had a dream a few days prior that this would happen - that two young girls would come to her house and share a message about Jesus Christ with her.  She said she couldn't see the girls faces in the dream but she now knows we are those two girls and that God sent us to her.  The spirit grew stronger and stronger and we all had tears in our eyes.  I couldn't even believe what she was saying.  There have probably been like 5 times in my life when I have felt that much joy.  Joy that I can't even explain.  His gospel will change her and her family's life.  I am so excited for them.  I am so so so so grateful to be a missionary.

On Saturday morning we saw a few police cars outside of our apartment complex.  There has been a lot of sketchy things going down in our complex and our mission president is trying to get us out of there.  This will be my fourth move...in the past five weeks...(haha)  It's been really hard moving around so much and not being able to stay in our area for very long.  All I want to do is be a missionary!! haha  I want to be able to work the area I have been given.  We should be moving into a new place this coming week.  We have had to stay in Atmore (a little over 20 miles away) the past few nights and will see what we are going to do until they get us a new place. On the bright side, you never live a boring life as a missionary!!  This will be quite the story when I get home!! :')
 
Thank you so so so much for all your love and prayers. I truly am grateful :) even though times can be tough, the mission is so worth it.  I would do it ten times over again just to learn what I have been able to this far and to meet who I have met.

lots of love,
sister fletcher

ps, here's my address for the time being (the mission home address)
1535 Killearn Center Blvd Ste C-3
Tallahassee FL 32309
Pretty Bay Minette
Ed Sheeran album...that I have never heard...
in my hands...so close yet so far away
Cute dog I'm obsessed with
Get to sleep on the Atmore floor again!!!
SO FUN!!! ha ha ha
Our ward mission leader lolo
Theresa's 57th birthday party!!!
The Mobile Zone
Sister Killcreas
(She fed us cheesecake shipped straight from NY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment