Monday, May 8, 2017

5/8/17 :))

Hi :)) How are y'all?  I'm doing pretty good!  Things are gunna look up this coming week, I just know it.  We have a very busy week planned so it'll be good :) 

We finally got to move into our brand new apartment in Bay Minette this week!  Happy day :)

Sister Corbett and I had to stay in a couple days this week so that means we were able to do a lot of studying, which is always needed.  I just wanted to share a few things I learned and loved this past week :)

I studied a devotional by Sheri Dew which has really made me think....She talked a lot about living up to our privileges/ God's recommendation for us.  Isn't it incredible that God saw us and knew us in our pre-mortal state, which is the REASON we are here NOW in these final days!  He knew the righteous people we were and knew we could handle these tough days.  We have been literally recommended by Heavenly Father to be here at this time, to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.  These last days are not for the "spiritually out of shape".  We have to be reading the scriptures and praying and remain SO close to Heavenly Father.  That is the only way we are going to make it in this crazy world. 

Sheri Dew mentioned that Heavenly Father did not recommend Adam or Eve, or even Moses for these days...He recommended you and me! how amazing :)  So...how can we live up to God's recommendation??  By simply studying the scriptures...which literally answers every life dilemma.  I love the Book of Mormon so much.  It has brought me so much comfort, especially recently.  The word of God offers peace the world simply cannot.  It's so cool how we can really relate every story in the book to our modern-day lives. 

Another way we can live up to His recommendations is by understanding how the Lord communicates with us.  We all want to receive answers to prayers.  We all want to know that Heavenly Father is there, waiting to help us, but first, we must understand how that help comes.  Some feel him through warmth, some can hear him through a still small voice of the Holy Ghost.

I invite all of you to pray to Heavenly Father to find out how He speaks to you.  Once you do, you will come to know :)  So in essence, we need to live up to our privileges!  We need to do what we were BORN to do!

I am so grateful for another week out here on the mission. This is hard work, but I wouldn't trade what I am doing for the world.  I love you all!

-sister fletcher
We moved in yayyyy!!!

Literally buying all of WalMart
because our apartment has nothing lol


No comments:

Post a Comment