Monday, May 1, 2017

Dusty bibles lead to dirty lives

Hey friends!
It's been another crazy week...haha. I'ts funny cause I thought last week was hard but this week was even harder, but things will get better soon.  We are moving into our apartment on Wednesday - couldn't come soon enough!
First off, my new address is:
603 South Dobson Ave. #25
Bay Minette, AL 36507 :))

Four days this week we were able to go out to our area and work. Tuesday we spent a lot of the day tracting and the craziest thing happened.  We were walking on what seemed like a safe street and we were about 15 feet from the front door of a home and then for some reason, I had the strongest impression ever to whip my head around...and literally running towards us, just 8.3 feet away was a huge black pit bull.  I yelled and grabbed onto Sister Corbett.  For some reason, it must have startled the dog and he ran about 15 feet back and just stared at us.  He was so silent as he approached us and was literally about to attack us. I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life.  We didn't know where to go because there was literally no where for us to run away from it but for some reason, after it stood and stared at us for a few minutes, it ran down the other side of the street.  It was terrifying.  We literally saw our lives flash right before our eyes.  We were shaken up and as we got back to the car, Sister Corbett said, "Sister Fletcher...do you know what is really interesting?  This morning when you prayed on our way out the door, you asked Heavenly Father for safety three different times...I thought it was a little strange but just went with it.  Now I know why that was needed."  I didn't even realize I did that. so interesting. Heavenly Father really is watching out for us!  I still am amazed that we came out of that situation unharmed. 

The next few days we did some more tracting and I was on edge.  Every noise I heard, I thought was a dog.  I'm super paranoid and scared now but I hope I'll get over it soon lol.

This week we had a zone conference out in Mobile.  I was asked to sing and play guitar and then my companion and I trained on the first great commandment.  it was a wonderful conference and I am so grateful for a loving mission president who always inspires and uplifts me.

Atmore/ Bay Minette is SO different than what I am used to but I know with time, things will be okay and I will love it.  I'm just grateful I get to be a missionary, SO grateful.  I love this gospel,  I love my Savior and I am so grateful for the promptings I receive from the spirit.  If the Holy Ghost hadn't told me to turn around right at that moment, I might not have lived to tell the tale. haha  (sorry I'm a little dramatic ;)

I hope y'all have a great week! 

lots of love,
sister fletcher
Cool dirt roads
Literally half of the homes here 
We went back to Fairhope!!  My home!!

Pretty much NY (lol...Mobile)
Cute Manu!!
I got to see the Langis' again!!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment