Monday, October 3, 2016

Barefoot in Bama

This week has been a good one :) Lots of fun, lots of lessons, lots of meeting new people. If you are wondering why my title is what it is, I just wanted to mention that one thing I have really noticed here in Bama is that everyone walks around everywhere barefoot. I love it so much hahaha. Life is so great here!

So, we have an investigator named Angela who missionaries have been visiting for a quite a while. She told us the most amazing news this week. She said: "You guys, all I want is to be baptized!" Her eyes lit up and so did mine. We are planning it for October 29th, and I know God will prepare her to be ready for that date. 

We have done lots of service this week! Service is so fun, especially when it’s unplanned. We mowed a few lawns, moved a few beds, and hung some Halloween decorations. We also would just do little things like fill up an older man's gas tank for him, or bring all the carts in at Walmart. I have grown to love serving so much more since coming out on my mission and I know that doing acts of service will be something I try to do much more of when I come home! Serving simply makes you feel good because you are making someone else feel good :)
So my companion has a ukulele and I have had so much fun playing it this past week. The elders in my district know how to play too, so we’ve been playing lots today! We’ve been learning church hymns so we can play during lessons and stuff :)

Well, I hope y'all had a chance to watch conference this past weekend! It was amazing. I have always heard watching it as a missionary is the best, and it truly is. You watch with such a different perspective and you watch with not just yourself in mind, but also your investigators. It was so cool how many thoughts from the spirit came to my mind about our investigators and their needs. All the talks were great, but I would have to say my favorite was Elder Russell M. Nelsons'. He taught us about joy, and how saints can choose to be happy under any circumstance; it simply has to do with the focus in our lives. Jesus Christ IS joy, that joy comes from and because of Him and we can learn and gain a better understanding of how to suffer with joy, because our suffering can be swallowed up in the joy of Christ. This does not mean that all our problems will disappear and that we will not have trials and hard times ahead but we can control how we react to them, that we can ultimately choose our happiness during every situation. 

I love you all so much! Have a great week and send me a quick hello if y’all have time :)

lots of love,
sister fletcher

 
Me and Sister P
When members love you!
Damaris, one of our investigators
Facial party!
Watching conference
Eva <33

No comments:

Post a Comment