Monday, October 24, 2016

"It was such a warm feeling, even with the air conditioner blasting!"

Hey y'all!
How is everybody? I miss you all! This week...has been a week, haha, but we had lots of cool things happen! I don't have too much time.  We are going to help the elders move a family out today :)

So last Wednesday we went out to lunch with a member and for some odd reason, I felt an overwhelming feeling to ask for a cup of ice. Weird right?? But you can't ignore a prompting, so on the way out, I asked the waitress for ice. After leaving the restaurant, we walked up to a homeless lady, Missy, who sits outside the public library. We talked for a minute and then she asked me what was in my hand.  I said, "Ice! but I have no idea why." (as I let out a chuckle) She then started to cry. She proceeded to tell us that the library doesn’t allow her to come in to get water anymore and she had been praying and praying for some ice. I told her how I had received a small prompting from the Holy Ghost to get some ice from the restaurant we were at, but at the time, I didn’t understand why.  She was so grateful that I acted on that prompting. We had the most awesome conversation with her about all kinds of things and ended up teaching the Plan of Salvation. It was such a cool experience!

We have been carving lots of pumpkins this week with members during p-day and our lunch hours.  It’s been a lot of fun! Halloween is coming and I can’t wait :) What are y’all going to be??? The weather has also been getting a lot cooler in the mornings and evenings and I am so grateful for that! 

Yesterday we had a lesson with our recent convert Virgil and we asked him to remember what he felt when he first found out the Book of Mormon was true.  He described it in the best way, "It was such a warm feeling, even with the air conditioner blasting!" I loved that! It’s so true.  Reading the Book of Mormon brings a feeling like nothing else. The Spirit testifies of its truth, and God speaks peace to your mind.

We have been biking everywhere because our car is in the shop until Tuesday and I love it :) With biking comes a lot more opportunities to stop and talk to people on the way. We have met lots of awesome people this week and picked up a few new ones to teach the gospel to.

Angela is still set to get baptized on November 19th. She came to church again yesterday and laid her head on my shoulder and said: "You are like a big sister to me and I love you so much." AHH, it killed me! I love her so much. She is really progressing in the gospel and can’t wait to get baptized. I am so excited for her and the commitment she is about to make with God. The Holy Ghost will be such an amazing thing for her in her life. 

I just wanted to say how grateful I am for the Holy Ghost and the promptings we can receive. I have felt it work so much on my mission, multiple times a day. I am so grateful for this gift and for the beautiful opportunity I have to share this true gospel with God's children here in Fairhope, Alabama. It's my favorite place to be! I am also so grateful for the Book of Mormon. Read it. Ponder it. Pray about it. If you do these things with a sincere heart, with complete real intent, I KNOW you will come to find it’s true. It’s all about your intentions. 

I love you all so much.  Thank you for being my faithful email readers! Take care, and I'll talk to y'all next week :)

Love,
sis fletcher
Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins!!



Angela  :))



Our friend, Montez

Last P-day we carved
Angel Moroni and Joseph Smith
on our pumpkins!
#missionarylife

Cute little alleyway in Fairhope!

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment