Monday, October 17, 2016

Snow in Alabama?!?!

Hi y'all!
So, I'm sorry if my subject is a little deceiving...there isn't actual snow but the cotton is blooming and being harvested everywhere and it sure looks like snow! It’s beautiful :)

This week has been a good one. I can’t believe I’ve almost been on my mission for five months...time is such a crazy thing. So a couple cool things happened this week.  We were at our investigator Monir's house, teaching him out on the porch and about 45 minutes into the lesson when we were wrapping things up, a guy came and pulled in his driveway. He says: "Monir, man! how are you??....Oh sorry, I’ll let you guys get back to church." We laughed and said, "Hey, what’s your name?" He said: "Dewayne, I used to meet with y’all a few months back!" (side note- I have heard ALL about Dewayne and read his teaching record multiple times but he changed his address and phone number a while back and the sisters who used to teach him lost contact with him). Anyways, then he asked us to come over the next day and said right then and there that he would come to church next week. It was so awesome! The Lord definitely leads us and puts us where we need to be, all you gotta do is listen to the Spirit.

I was able to throw the football with some kids on the street which then led to meeting their moms and getting return appointments. Football softens hearts, guys :))  We went to the Daphne High School football game to direct parking and it was so fun! We got to go in and see the half-time show and a little part of the game.  It brought back so many memories from high school and cheer, good times :')

We had stake conference this week too, and Elder Gaverette from The Seventy came to speak to us!  That afternoon, three of the recent converts in our ward were ordained to the Melchizedek priesthood. It was such a special experience to be there!

I just wanted to say how true this gospel is, and how true the Book of Mormon is. It will bring you closer to God than ANY other book! I have seen it in investigator's lives, and I have seen it in my own. I love you all so much :) Have a great week!

Our cute friend, Alliyah :)
Derriya!
Cotton fields
Football game
Bill
Sister Mills at a
Relief Society activity
Sister Pete and me
One of my favorite members here,
Kimberly, (middle) went to Utah this week
and visited with my two aunts,
Karlene (right) and Kim (left).

No comments:

Post a Comment