Monday, September 26, 2016

What A Week!

So this week has been crazy. We drove up to Tallahassee on Tuesday night and stayed at some of the sisters' apartments. The next day, Sister Jackson and I got our new companions! I really love Sister Jackson and I’m going to miss her so much but this transfer will be good :) I am now with Sister Peterson! We are very different but that makes things fun. I know I have a lot to learn from her and it’s going to be a good time. 

We went to the General Women’s Conference broadcast in Mobile on Saturday night and it was awesome! In one of the talks, this was said about Jesus Christ: "He will do anything to take this from you; in fact, He already has." I LOVE THAT! I have been learning a lot about deliverance this week. The Book of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon is all about deliverance and I have really been studying it. Before my mission, when I was having a really hard time, I would go to my mom or dad, my best friends, my siblings. and THEN I would turn to Heavenly Father in prayer. It is so cool, because out on your mission, all you have is God. He is all you can turn to so it kinda forces you to turn to Him and then from that experience, it really teaches you that He is truly the best source. He can deliver you from anything, but only HE can do that. 

Mosiah 23:23 ~ "For behold I will show unto you that they were brought into bondage, and none could deliver them but the Lord their God." 

This week one of our investigators, Jhemarial came to church. It was the best! She is 16 years old and so mature and so prepared for this gospel. The ward was so welcoming and nice and she is coming back next week to bring her sisters. We are going back over to her home tomorrow to teach them the plan of salvation. 

A lady named Emma asked for a Bible on mormon.org, so on Thursday we went to her home to deliver it. We got to talking and as we were about to hand her the Bible, she said: “No, what I really want is a Book of Mormon. That has to be what I am missing in my life.” It was SO COOL! We are coming back to teach her this week so I’ll keep y’all posted :) 

Ah, miracles are happening guys. Life is good when you truly turn to God and let Him guide you 100%. I love you all! Thanks for reading my emails and for all the prayers and support. I pray for you guys all the time!

so much love,
sister fletcher
My last day with Sis J

Our awesome district!

Doug and Linda,
my grandparents!

The day Sis J and I parted...
and her new cute companion!

My love sista house!

Me in front of a pretty gate

Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment