Monday, April 3, 2017

The week I got bit by an alligator

Another wonderful week has come and gone.  Time keeps flying faster and faster and it needs to stop!  I’m kind of having a mid-life crisis because next week I turn 20...yeah...not down.

There were a lot of great things this week but probably my favorite was doing a member lesson with the cutest older couple in our ward, the Keller’s.  Over the past three weeks or so, Sister Hart and I have been going to many of the ward members' homes and doing a member finding lesson.  We share scriptures and a worksheet we made to help the families share the gospel with their friends or for them to write down names for us to contact.  On Friday we did the same lesson with the Keller’s.  We haven’t even met them at church before and it was amazing to be in their beautiful home and get to know them. Bill and LaRou Keller have lived such a fascinating life.  LaRou was an army nurse back in the 60's and met Bill at the base. We found out later from another member that she actually outranked Bill!  They are the cutest and sweetest couple.  In their home they have furniture and pictures from all over the world from places they have lived.  I have realized that I want a life like that.  I want to travel and live everywhere and see everything!  They are so inspiring to me!

Last night Brother Keller called us and asked us to come over because he had something to give us.  We arrived at their home after an appointment and they handed us a huge packet with names of people from the military living around the world who have retired.  Apparently they get an updated copy each year. Bill told us he had a dream the night before and felt that he should give it to the sister missionaries.  We are so excited for all the referrals that will come out of this book!

Today has been crazy!  The rain has been so heavy with tons of thunder and lightning and wind like I’ve never experienced!  Sister Hart and I didn't want to spend our P-day bored inside so we put on some old t-shirts, basketball shorts and rain boots and ran around in the rain for a while. It was so much fun!  I felt like I was six years old again :)

I sure hope you were all able to watch conference this weekend!  It was the best.  I enjoyed every minute of it!  After every talk, Sister Hart and I would look at each other and say, "That one was my favorite."  Eventually we ended up just saying, "Everything is my favorite."  What a joy it was to hear from our prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  His sweet simple words about the Book of Mormon are ones I really cherish.  My question going into conference was how I can fall more in love with the Book of Mormon.  Our prophet promises that if we read the Book of Mormon each day, we can feel of the spirit of the Lord, overcome doubt and fear, and resist temptation. Who doesn't want to feel the spirit more?  I know I need the spirit all the time!  Especially as a missionary, it is crucial!  What an amazing promise given to us that if we read the Book of Mormon, we can overcome our doubts and fears.  I also need that for sure!  As a missionary, we have a lot of fears and doubts.  Lastly, I would love to have the power to resist temptation. Temptations are all around us in this crazy world!  So read the Book of Mormon!  It is truly amazing and will change your life! 

I love you all!  Have a great week :)

<3
sister fletcher

p.s.  Oh, and if your waiting for a crazy story about getting bit by an alligator...
it didn't really happen.  Happy April Fools!  Sorry for the scare mom & dad ;)

10 Months #holla
Pretty
Hey buddy!
The Cornelius family!
A tree I painted
(I know I'm not the best artist)
The Keller's
Rain all day today!
Before...
After

No comments:

Post a Comment