Monday, March 27, 2017

Do it for the journal entry!

Hey y'all :)
This week has been better than the last.  Luckily, Sister Hart and I have started to feel better but it’s definitely allergy season here in FL. 

We met a lot of potential investigators this week.  EXCITING STUFF!  On Tuesday, we bought some medicine from CVS during our lunch break, then for some reason, I felt like we should get McDonald's next door.  I really didn't want McDonald's but something inside me was telling me that a McChicken would be a good idea right about then.  We ordered our food and I looked around at the people.  There was a man behind the counter about 23 years old who kept glancing over at us.  It could have been because of our good looks but I think it was really because he was curious about us and what our name tags said.  As we walked out of the restaurant, he followed us because he had his lunch break.  I turned around and said, “Hey!!”  We talked for a while and found out he hasn’t been very religious and has been trying to find a church.  Well, look at that, we have a church ;) We will be teaching him on Wednesday so I will keep y'all updated :)

On Saturday, we decided to go tracting in an area we thought we had never been to before.  We were led to a trailer where a lady lives who has actually taken the missionary discussions in the past!  Amazing!  We will meet with her on Tuesday :) We kept walking and went up to a home the next street over.  We felt like we had been there before.  It turns out the man who lives there is a less-active member who had once been referred to us.  Across the street from there was Katrina and Jason’s trailer! (which basically burned down so they are now living in Parker)  The fact that we were just walking down this street and somehow ended up there was just crazy.  I know it sounds silly that we didn't know that was Katrina and Jason's street but seriously, all the streets here look like the jungle and they all blend into each other.  I can’t believe the places God leads us to.  We were able to talk with the less-active man who has been having a very hard time and we made a return appointment for this week.

This weekend is General Conference!  How lucky we are to hear from our Prophet on the earth today and to hear what God wants for us!  I invite you all to truly absorb and take in the gift of modern revelation and watch all the sessions of conference!  I am SO excited.  General Conference is like Christmas for missionaries!  haha. 

I am truly loving being a missionary.  It is really hard work but I just love the people here.  It makes all the hard times worth it.  To make things more fun, Sister Hart and I have agreed to do a "do it for the journal entry" every day.  We have been doing one (at least) crazy, weird or insane thing each day - something that takes a rush or a ton of courage.  It’s been so much fun! haha  I suggest all you missionaries should do it ;)

I have been reviewing a lot of notes I have written over the course of my mission.  Man, I have learned so much and taken in so many new concepts and ideas.  I was going over what I learned from the Youth’s “Face to Face” broadcast that was held a couple of weeks ago with President Eyring and Elder Holland.  One thing that stuck out to me was the question someone asked about how we can feel the spirit of the Lord more in our lives.  We need to be humble and quiet inside, to literally tell God, "I give up, I will do whatever you want me to, Father.  Thy will be done." Elder Holland then talked about how the Holy Ghost is not willing to compete with the loud noises and voices of the world.  It is called the still small voice for a reason!  So, we need to provide an environment where the Holy Ghost can answer us, where God can speak peace to our minds.  I know that when we do this, we will feel and know answers from the Lord.  He loves us and wants to hear from us, and if we allow Him, we can hear from Him too.

I love you guys!  Thank you for the examples you are to me in my life <3

with love,

sister fletcher
Found a cool wall
Cute Sister Jensen
Hi friend
AHHH
India <33
Obsessed with these children!

Isn't my companion the cutest?!
I love Michelle!
Look what Kim made me!

No comments:

Post a Comment