Monday, March 13, 2017

When a general authority calls you out

Hey y'all!

This week has been great!  We've been working with the members a ton!  It’s been way fun to go into so many amazing family's homes and help them do missionary work.  There were ten baptisms around the mission last week, and nine of the new members were found through ward members.  WOW!  Tracting (knocking on doors) is now our last option when finding investigators. We dropped a lot of our investigator pool this past week and are really looking for new people. I am so excited :)

Friday was seriously a day of miracles.  Sister Hart and I arranged a medley of hymns where we sing and I play the guitar.  We are actually performing a couple of songs this coming week at our mission conference!  Since we had songs prepared, we decided to take my guitar with us.  I felt strongly that we should teach a member lesson for one of the older couple's in our ward so we dropped by their house and they actually had their neighbor over visiting.  We ended up talking to him about the gospel for a while.  He mentioned how much he loves music, so we grabbed my guitar outta the car and sang him a few songs.  It was so cool to see the spirit fill the room. Later that day we went to a less-active member’s home, Katrina.  We have visited her a few times and have gotten really close with her and her boyfriend, Jason.  Jason cracks me up.  He always calls us losers, punks and nerds but he loves us so much.  We joke around with him so much.  He thinks that you should only pray to God when you are really angry and that He only listens when you cuss at Him.  Of course we all don't believe that but Jason is coming around.  He also LOVES music so we brought my guitar and sang and played for them.  The  spirit was so strong.  He actually loved it!  He said, “THAT’S how you are going to get me girls, through music." It was amazing!  We invited him to come to church since he has never been.  He replied, "I literally want to punch your face because I love you guys so much that I have to come." AHHHH!! hahaha

Jason and Katrina came to church on Sunday!  It was amazing! Elder Parker from the Area of the Seventy came to speak to our ward.  He really liked the meeting.  For some reason, the time on our phone didn't change Sunday morning for daylight savings so we literally thought it was 9:00 a.m. instead of 8:00 a.m...which meant we missed our Ward Council meeting...when the general authority attended....yeah.  It was actually the worst.  During Elder Parker’s talk, he literally called us out (in a funny way of course) about sleeping in.  Man, it was hilarious. Everyone was staring at us...

Trent was ordained on Sunday and received the Aaronic Priesthood.  I am so proud of him!  I can’t wait until he can pass the sacrament next Sunday :)  This gospel is amazing!

Well, I hope ya'll have a great week!  I will be enjoying another day in paradise here in FL :))

lots of love,

sister fletcher
Bike riding with the
cute Huntsman Family
Conservation Park!
Visiting the Mexico Beach District Meeting
I'm gunna miss Sister Crosby:(
Got my hair chopped off...
Biking for days
Beautiful mansion in Calaway
Yeah, we made a mess
The cute Mann girls


No comments:

Post a Comment