Monday, March 6, 2017

Trent got baptized!! 3 // 6 // 17 :))

Dear family and friends, 

This week was wonderful :) First things first, Trent was baptized on Saturday and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday! It was an amazing service. The spirit was about the strongest I have ever felt. Several youth in the ward sang the EFY medley, “As Sisters in Zion/Armies of Helaman”, and holy heck!! It was a tear jerker. Of course, I was the lucky one to give a talk on the Holy Ghost following it.  I cried pretty much the whole time but I got through it lol.  I love Trent SO much.  I can’t wait for his exciting and beautiful future ahead.  I can’t wait for him to go through the temple, to go on a mission, and to one day get married in the temple.  I have never seen that kid happier.  This gospel truly is a gospel of JOY! 

This week we did a lot of finding and are really focusing on finding through members. It was so funny, after the baptism when we were gathered around eating refreshments, India and I were talking to one of the youth, Audrey.  She told India that she has inspired her to want to share the gospel with everyone, and that includes with her boyfriend.  I said I want his information asap so we can start teaching him hahaha.  Sister Hart and I joke that "if you date 'em, we dunk 'em" hahaha.  India and Trent are the perfect example ;) 

Today, one of my favorite families in the ward is taking us on a bike riding trail along Panama City Beach.  I’m so excited! It’s refreshing doing things like I used to every once and a while.

Sister Hart and I found out last night we are the only companionship in the zone staying together for another transfer. (#blessings) I’m so glad I get to be in Lynn Haven for at least six more weeks! I love it here. I NEVER wanna leave.

Missions are amazing, they are truly life changing.  I already owe everything I have to my mission and I’m only half-way through.  Missions teach you how to better understand people, how to read people, how to love people.  They teach you about life and about the gospel in greater depth.  It’s so funny because as missionaries, we think we are giving up so much to serve God and doing all of this hard work for Him, but in the reality, we are the ones blessed so much more for our service. In the end, you can never do more for the Lord than He can do for you.

I love you all! Have a great week :)

love,
sister fletcher
Trent's baptism
Katrina
Sister Olson on our
9 month mark
Idaho vs. the California kids 
Cute baby turtle

Trent's confirmation
Chris and me taking a red-head picture
in honor of Ed Sheeran's new album
Greg, our investigator in the hospital,
still reading the Book of Mormon
Cute India!
We are real-life missionaries
knocking on trailer doors

No comments:

Post a Comment