Monday, April 10, 2017

What a blessed week :))

First off, thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!  I can’t believe today is my last day as a teenager, it’s pretty bittersweet :))

So this week has been wonderful!!  We picked up three new investigators so that was pretty awesome :)  I have so much love in my heart for all the people we teach...and just when I think I can’t love someone as much as the last, I am proved wrong every time. 

The member missionary work is really taking off here in Lynn Heaven.  As we have really taken the time to get to know, love, serve, and teach the members, we have been referred to many of their friends.  But what's amazing, is that ever since we have taken the counsel from our mission president to doing member finding lessons, we have been blessed with people to teach, finding them in other ways as well. 

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I talked about meeting Tyler at McDonald's?  Well, we were able to meet with him this morning and I’m not kidding, it was probably one of the most intense, spiritual lessons I have ever been a part of.  We got to know him, established some expectations, and taught him the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Tyler actually lives in a home close to McDonald's in a run-down part of town.  We found out he lives with his friend Trevor and Trevor's mom.  Trevor is 22 years old and has had blood clots his whole life.  His mom has had to take him to doctors all around the country and he is still not doing well.  Tyler said that Trevor is all he has left now...he was kicked out of his home at the age of 14, had to live in a care center, and was then kicked out of there a few months ago.  He expressed his gratitude for Trevor and his mother for taking him in.  Trevor's mom, Cynthia, kept coming in and out of the front door during the whole lesson and towards the end, came up to Tyler with tears in her eyes to tell him she was taking Trevor to Birmingham to get some more treatment.  She was packing up the car as we continued to teach Tyler and the spirit grew stronger and stronger. Tears were in everybody's eyes.  Then something amazing happened.  Cynthia came back up to the front door near where we were sitting outside.  She looked at Tyler and said, "What these girls are teaching you is true.  I believe it with all my heart.  They met you for a reason."  She hugged Tyler and they cried.  Wow!

Tyler is a miracle.  I know we met him for a reason.  I already love him so much.  It is amazing to me how little we know about anyone when we first see them.  When we saw Tyler at McDonald's, little did we know the hurt and the pain in his life.  Little did we know the immense trials he was going through. 

I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ offers us SO much peace.  Peace you simply cannot feel anywhere else, or in any other way, through any other source.  That is why I am on a mission. That is why I chose to serve the Lord for 18 months in Florida, and that is why I will serve the Lord for the rest of my life!  People NEED to know about this church, about this gospel, that if they just put their faith and trust in the Savior, He can heal them, He can help them.  So if you feel like something is missing in your life, call the missionaries.  They will help you.  Also, everyone should check out the video called, “Prince of Peace.” (link below)  It is an Easter Initiative the church started a little while ago.  We have been sharing it with a lot of people and it simply testifies of the savior.  https://www.mormon.org

I hope y'all have a wonderful week ahead :) 

lots of love,
sister fletcher
<3
Only my favorites - the Gomillions
SURPRISE
jk It's Michelle's!
She's getting married!
A real life bore head ... sick
pretty pretty
Cute Sam!!
She's getting married next month
and she's younger than me, yay!!
The Moreau's

No comments:

Post a Comment