Monday, June 12, 2017

Ed Sheeran

Hey!!
This week was amazing :) So many miracles... I wish I could write about them all but I ain't got time for that! 
On Thursday we went tracting for a while and were about to wrap up but we decided to knock on one more door. A 19 year-old girl named Bailey answered and after talking with her for a while, we found out she is an inactive member of the church, as well as her whole family. They haven't been to church in a long time, but she has a sister named McKenzie who is on a mission, the only active person in her family! It was so cool to meet Bailey because if we hadn't have randomly knocked on their door, we would have never found her because their records aren't even in the church anymore. It just made me realize that McKenzie has probably been praying so much for her family, that missionaries would come to them. It was such a blessing that we came across her sister! We are coming back this Wednesday to meet with her :)

We had an awesome lesson with two of our investigators, Sam and Devinee. They are teenagers and so prepared. They have been coming to church for a while now and can't get baptized because their mom won't let them. On Thursday we had a lesson with them about baptism and read Mosiah 18 and the spirit was so strong. The girls' testimonies are SO strong, It blows me away. They are super shy and we have really been trying to get them to warm up to us and love us. We played volleyball with the elders and lots of our investigators on Saturday night. Sam and Devinee came and as we were talking for a while, I asked Sam which vocal artist she would listen to for the rest of her life. She took a second, then said, "Ed Sheeran." I died. She definitely is meant to be my investigator :) I realized in that moment I am here for a reason! haha

On Friday we were headed to an appointment with two of our investigators and we were already kinda running late but I suddenly felt like we should hurry and drop by the Fangalimas. They are a large Samoan family who we heard has children living there who aren't members of the church. When we arrived, they were all home and we were able to talk to them for a while. Sister Fangalima told us that everyone living there has actually been baptized but she gave us a referral to see her niece and her husband! We stopped by their house just yesterday and they said we could come back this week and teach them. I am so excited!!

I have just felt so humbled and so grateful this week. My mission has literally changed my life. I'm a completely different person now, I'm so much better. I seriously owe everything to this experience and to Heavenly Father blessing me with it. I was lost now I'm found. The gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives. It offers hope. It turns pain into peace. It turns broken hearts into turned hearts towards Jesus Christ. I've seen it. I've seen it bless multiple people, each and everyday. I've been so privileged to meet thousands of people thus far on my mission. I have learned so much. I know what I want in my life now. I know who I want to surround myself with. I know the kind of man I want to marry, how I want to raise and treat my family, but most importantly, I am beginning to understand my potential. I am literally a daughter of a perfect, loving Father in Heaven. I now know there is nothing I can't accomplish. I love my mission. I love the hard days, as well as the pure joyous moments. My mission has completely changed me and I can say I know Jesus Christ so much better now, and I still have many more amazing experiences to go!

love you all so much!

-sister fletcher


 





No comments:

Post a Comment