Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Week We Found An Acai Store!

If you know me even just a little bit, you know that I LOVE acai and so when we found an acai bowl shop in Fairhope, I was overjoyed !!!  But don’t worry, that was not the highlight of my week, something to do with missionary work was ;)

This week was probably the hardest I’ve had on my mission but it motivates me to have an awesome super happy week this week!  We just had a ton of dropped appointments, our car was in the shop for most of the week so we did a ton of biking in the August heat, and to top it off, I’m starting to get sick again. :/ But no matter how rough the week was, there was one amazing moment last evening that truly made all the hard times worth it. 

Last night around 8 pm, we were in south Fairhope going to a few investigators' homes to try and teach them a lesson. We already had three appointments drop earlier and no one was available for a lesson. Normally when it’s that late and everything drops, we go to the pier for the remaining hour of proselyting time to find and meet people who want to hear a message about Jesus Christ. When we were about to head there, I had an impression to go and see one of our recent converts, Linda. I said it out loud to my companion, then we both kind of laughed because of how ridiculous that would be since she lives about 15 miles from where we currently were. (and if you know anything about driving on a mission, miles are CRUCIAL, so you usually want to plan a time to go to different places and see all the people you wanna see out there, not just make separate trips.)  For some odd reason, we both felt good enough about seeing Linda to spend the miles and time to get out there. 

Long story short, when we got there, we talked with her for a while and she stressed how she has been really struggling with church lately and with feeling important or loved. We sang her the hymn, “How Great Thou Art”, which brought her to tears, then shared a scripture that connected so well with the fourth verse of that song. She just let everything out, all her concerns and worries and said she really needed us to come tonight. The Spirit was piercing in that room. We were all in tears. Through this experience, I have learned how REAL the Spirit is, how much God loves His children, that He sends us as his servants, to those who need His comfort and love. How beautiful it is that this time in my life, I am able to be a direct servant in God's hand, to bring comfort and peace to God's children, his most precious children. I don’t know how I got so lucky :)

The Spirit is REAL! Never ignore a prompting. It will bless your life, it will lead you and direct you in everything you do. I’m so grateful for this gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and for this opportunity to serve a mission in the south, despite the hard times. Look for ways the Spirit speaks to you this week. I love you all very much! 

xoxo,
sister fletcher
Found a cute Coca Cola sign!


My absolute favorite person - Beverly Giles

ACAI

When the district mis-matched clothes

Sleepover with the
STLs!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment