Monday, August 15, 2016

Quick Email!

Dear my faithful email readers,

How is everyone doing? I don't have a ton of time this week, but I just wanted to say hello :) This week has been kind of rough but there have been many tender mercies in every single day. It has been raining like crazy! but luckily no severe damage here.  There has been lots of flooding in Louisiana which I'm sure you are all aware of! Please pray for them. 

One of our most progressing investigators called us on Friday and told us that her health is continually getting worse and she just doesn't have time for the gospel in her life. That broke my heart but we were able to meet a 16 year-old girl, Jhe'merial, like ten minutes later, with so much potential. I have not been this hopeful about someone yet!  She is so prepared already and has really seen how God has had his hand in her life. We are so excited to teach her, so I will write more about her next week. 

We started teaching a man named Hector who doesn't speak the best English but we can understand each other enough. Sister Jackson and I are brushing up on our Spanish and I am really putting my three years of high school Spanish to use ;) Hector is so awesome and so humble! I just love teaching him!

We sometimes show some investigators awesome Mormon Messages (short videos online) in hope to strengthen their testimony and allow them to feel the Spirit. We showed our friend, Gypsy, one called, “Because of Him”, which I am sure many of you have seen. I have seen it many times since being out here on my mission, but during this specific time, I noticed a part specifically where a man was stumbling and could hardly walk and then fell into Jesus Christ's opened arms. The Spirit was immediately so strong, and I realized that person is literally me, that is all of us. I am really starting to fully understand that during ALL my struggles, all my trials, Jesus Christ is always there along side me, to lift me out of bondage, and heal my broken heart.  All we need to do is come unto Him, He will make up all that we lack, He will give us the rest. I invite you all to watch the Mormon Message on LDS.ORG: “Because of Him”. Even if you have already seen it, I promise, you will get something new out of it! 
Have an amazing week!

So much love,

Sister Fletcher
Precious little boy!

Our 103 yr old friend, Olivia

Our friend Bill playing us guitar

Dying of humidity and heat!

The district homies!

No comments:

Post a Comment