Monday, July 25, 2016

JUBILEE!!!

Hello everybody! How's it going?! :) This week has been quite the week man. So good though!

To start, I will tell you guys why the title of this email is Jubilee. So they are very rare and apparently only happen in Mobile Bay and Tokyo Bay in Japan but we caught one this morning. I don't even really know how to define what happens, but pretty much, when the moon and winds are just right over the bay, a jubilee occurs, where tonsssss of fish and crabs and shrimp come up to the shore. It is one of the most unique and amazing sights. Some people who have lived here their whole lives have never even seen this before! So Sister Jackson and I ran down to the bay this morning and what do you know, there was a jubilee! There were people coming down to catch fish, and we wanted to too, so we hurried and ran back up to our apartment and grabbed a big bowl (cause we don't have any fishing gear) and came down and caught about 50 shrimp and some crabs to feast on tonight! haha it was so cool! I love the south :)

Anyways, we had an interesting experience on Tuesday...never did I think I would have to wake up our investigator to meet with us, but that's what we tried to do. Kelley lives in a rehab facility so we went into her room and kept nudging her and saying her name, and turned the TV off. We tried everything! but she was OUT COLD!  That was interesting...haha.

We had so many lessons this week, it felt so nice teaching a lot and being super busy! We met this awesome dude, Jerry, at the gas station who lives here in Fairhope. We went to his house on Saturday and had a lesson with him for a while. He has had a crazy life and lives alone because he and his wife divorced and his two sons passed away. Super sad! We taught him about the Plan of Salvation and he just lit up! I am so hopeful about Jerry. He told us that the Mormon religion is one of his favorites because of Marie Osmond. haha He is in love with her! but hey, whatever it is, at least he likes Mormons haha :) He also asked Sister Jackson and I if we were married and we just started laughing. Never gotten that one before!

Honestly, we meet SUCH interesting people out here. Everyone is so unique and fascinating, I just love listening to their stories! Its so cool to just sit back and take everything in, life is so good :)

We met an older man named Ken last week and talked to him at the pier for a while. We tried calling him the next day to set up an appointment but the number was wrong, and we were really bummed.  This past Wednesday, we were at a Chinese restaurant with two less actives in our ward and all the sudden, we saw Ken eating alone! We went up and talked to him and shared a lesson for a while. Ken believes in GOOD not God. He is a cool guy and wants us to start teaching him. That was such a tender mercy and I know the Lord put him there in our path so we could meet with him again and teach him about the hope God and this gospel brings into our lives :) This time we got his correct number! haha

We also met this way cool guy last night named Eric. Seriously, he was awesome! and so prepared! We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said the most awesome prayer to end our little meeting (14 bug bites later haha). He lives in Mobile though which kinda stinks cause we wont be able to teach him, but that's ok because some other missionaries can out there!

We also applied the Spanish we learned in high school because we went to a man's home who didn't know any English. It was so fun speaking Spanish even just for a little! hahaha. 
The Spanish elders are going to come teach him soon :)

The weather is insane here! It has rained every day this week, and it will just pour so hard then five minutes later, be totally sunny and HOT again. It's so fun though! The clouds and sunsets are unbelievable here!  I am learning how to really trust and rely on God here. Never in my life before the mission have I had to 100% put all I have into trusting God and his timing. Your faith is really tested on a mission, it causes you to ponder and think: is God really there for me? Does He really hear my prayers? Is the Book of Mormon really the word of God? And little by little, I have been able to find FOR MYSELF that the answer to all those questions is a yes :) It is a slow process, but it will happen if you have the faith to know. and I know my faith will only get stronger as I am out here longer. Faith seemed like such a simple principle to me before my mission but it really takes so much work and trust. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the chance I have to represent Jesus Christ everyday and help lift others and bring them to the light and hope in this world. 
I love you all very much and hope you guys have an amazing week :)

xoxo,
Sister Fletcher

Pictures;
1) me in front of a cow field!
2) mobile!
3) went on a duck boat tour with my district and some friends!
4) my comp and me :)
5) check out the sky!!
6) with the 12 year old twin girls we teach, they are so crazy but so funny and entertaining
7) rain!
8) cool guy Eric from last night!
9) Jubilee!!
10) me with our crab friend
11) the dock we run to every morning :)

Me in front of a cow field!

Mobile

Went on a duck boat tour with
my district and some friends

My comp and me!

Check out the sky!

The 12-yr old twins we teach

Rain!

Cool guy Eric from last night

Jubilee!!

Me with our crab friend!

The dock we run to every morning

No comments:

Post a Comment