Monday, January 16, 2017

Blessed!

Hey!

How was everyone's week?? Mine was...interesting. hahaha. So this week Sister Carter and I have been feeling pretty under the weather, I think due to the weather constantly changing. We stayed home all day Saturday and it was torture haha. It’s really hard for me to stay inside and do nothing when there is seriously so much for us to do here but I know it is important to get rest and the spirit was definitely telling us both we needed it. The problem is, I haven't been able to sleep like at all! I struggled with bad insomnia during the months leading up to my mission and it’s starting to come back again.

On Sunday, one of the Elders serving in my ward gave me a priesthood blessing and all I told him was that I haven't been feeling well. It was SO amazing because in his blessing, he blessed me that I would be able to sleep again. WOW! Is God aware of us or what?!! 

Anyways, we have been visiting a lot of less-active members in the ward and just meeting lots of awesome people! The stories people have and the ways they have seen God's hand in their lives is amazing. This gospel is SO true, friends.

So here's a quick funny story. On Tuesday, I had to get some blood work done. I had fasted the night before into the morning and I was feeling pretty shaky, but not too bad. The nurse called me back, stuck the needle in my arm and started to draw the blood. I don’t really mind needles at all, but as we were talking and I saw the blood was coming out, I said, “I think I am going to pass out...”  The nurse said, “WHAT?” She hurried to call for help. Before I knew it, two more nurses were around me, grabbing my face saying, “Stay with me!!” But I was outtttt. Next thing I know, I am in another room, laying in a reclining chair, with wet rags on my face and a fan blowing on me. It was pretty crazy. We had an appointment in fifteen minutes so I told the nurse I really needed to go.  The nurse walked me out to the lobby to meet up with Sister Carter and told her she needed to watch me closely. I was laughing, telling her I had just passed out. There was a man in the lobby sitting across from Sister Carter wearing a ski mask and he said, “How bout you smoke some pot to make you feel better?” I couldn't really understand him so i asked, “What?” He said again, “You should smoke some pot!” I was like, “Uhhh???” Then he said, “You know, weed?!” hahaha It was hilarious. So many interesting experiences here in the south. Oh and don’t ask me why he was wearing a ski mask in 80 degree weather....

I can’t believe my companion, Sister Carter, is going home in just one week! I am sure going to miss her. The mission goes by way too quick.  Each transfer feels like it’s getting shorter and shorter, but Sister Carter and I are going to kill it this week! I’m excited for everything we have planned :)
At the conclusion of this letter, I wanna touch on a subject very near and dear to my heart, ED SHEERAN, HE’S BACK!  Thank you to all those who have sent me emails these past few weeks about his new music.  Y'all know me so well ;) but seriously, after 2 and a half years of silence (besides his deluxe songs on his multiply album) he has released new music! If anything would make me come home early from my mission, it would be Ed Sheeran's music. So having said that, if anything has to prove how true this gospel and church is for me to stay out here, it’s that. haha Just kidding. I would never leave my mission, but I can’t wait to enjoy his music again! My purpose is so much greater right now, and I don’t wanna be anywhere but here serving God's children in Lynn HEAVEN. I feel so blessed :))

I hope you all have an amazing week. Thanks for taking the time to read!  I love you all so much :)

Zone Bonfire
Tradeoffs...our friend Lenny!

YES!
Friends
<3 These Sistas!
Sister Crosby

No comments:

Post a Comment