Monday, November 13, 2017

Next stop...California

Dear family and friends,

Man, where do I even begin!!!!! This Thursday I am flying HOME. That is so weird for me to say! I feel like I am in such shock and denial that this is all coming to an end and it won't really hit me until I see my family again. Words can't even explain how much this experience truly means to me. It has set the tone for my life and I am eternally grateful. I have learned SO much as a missionary. I have learned how to recognize and then act on spiritual promptings. I've also learned that I can do hard things! I know that trials come to help us grow and shape us into who God intends us to be. I have learned what real repentance looks like in the lives of those I have taught. I have made some of my best friends who have turned into family; people who I know were my best friends in the pre-earth life. I have 100% learned for myself that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It testifies of Jesus Christ and if you sincerely pray and ask Heavenly Father if it is true, you WILL receive an answer. 
Most importantly, I can say I know my Savior now. I have been able to understand just a little of what He went through and because of that, I better understand how He can succor us and heal us, because He has succored and healed me. 

I have come to the realization that God never intended for me to max out on happiness at the age of 20. I know there is so much joy and eternal progression ahead, as long as I continue to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's only up from here, which is hard to even imagine :) 

I want to leave y'all with this scripture which I feel sums up my mission. :) Alma 28:8;
"And this is the account of Ammon and his brethren, their journeyings in the land of Nephi, their sufferings in the land, their sorrows, and their afflictions, and their incomprehensible joy."

Although there have been some afflictions and trials along the way, the incomprehensible joy outweighs it all. I love you all so so much! Can't wait to see you soon. I will be speaking at my church (3979 Township Ave.) this Sunday @ 9 am and would love to see y'all there. Have a blessed week, and see you SOON! <3333

all my love, 
sister fletcher
Making pumpkin pie with my favorite human, Paula

I love Sis Carree!
Cute Emma
<3
My bud Reed
Freezing our booties off this morning
Gunna miss these beaches!!



One of my favorite families, the Myers
Exchange with Sister Scott in Fox Run...get it? :)
Literally my child
When a 2 year-old steals your camera
Made some sushi myself
Ugh, I'm gunna miss the Broussards!
Paul and Sweetie
Last zone conference
Brother Broussard's toilet paper hahaha

1 comment:

  1. Sister Fletcher: I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blogs these last few months since I saw the link posted on your Mom’s Facebook page. What an incredible young lady and missionary you are...and will always be!! Just awesome. And, I, too, have no doubt that you will continue to have that fabulous missionary zeal, spirit and love for service throughout your life from these 18 months of amazing experiences!! Enjoy your last week in FL (Destin, near Pensacola, holds a piece of my heart as my family had a beach home there for many years. Such a gorgeous beach!) and have a safe trip home where you will be definitely returning with honor!! I know your return will be bittersweet; but, I’m so excited for your family to get to have you and your spirit in their presence again!! SO wish I could hear your “Welcome Home” talk this weekend. I will be praying for your safe return and know that you will mold right into “real life” successfully and jump right into whatever plan Heavenly Father has for your life. Well done, Sister! You are adorable and just exude the love of Christ from every pore...even through your blog!! I just love you, Sister Vivian Shirey (Simi 5th ward 2000-2005)

    ReplyDelete