Tuesday, June 7, 2016

What A Day To Be Alive!!


HI family and friends!
Sister Fletcher here :) IM A MISSIONARY AHHH WHAT A GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE!
My pday is offically tuesday while in the MTC! (so only for like 2 weeks lol) First off, i just want to say how much i love the MTC. The spirit is so strong and i just have such a love for all the people i have met here. It is very overwhelming at times and you literally feel every emotion. So on the first day, i got my companion who is Sister Housel! (i met her up at USU) and shes so cute i just love her! we were both secretly praying to have each other and it worked! God answers prayers everybody! Also, one of my good friends from EFY, Dallon (Elder Napier) is in my district! which is crazy cause we actually talked a lot about our missions before we came out and now we are in the same district, together like 12 hours of the day! Elder Napier and his companion Elder Francis are sister Housel and my favorite people. the 4 of us have gotten way close and they have helped me immensely here! There are 6 sisters and 5 elders in my district. All the sisters are going to Tallahassee and the elders are going to Tempe Arizona! They are great and so are our teachers. We are one big family but sometimes we get alittle distracted from time to time.. but thats just cause we love each other so much, we want to talk and talk to get to know each other! 
Anyways, the first 3 days here were probably the longest days of my life! like oh my goodness, i hear that at the MTC, the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days (if that makes any sense) but time has moved faster now and i am starting to really love the MTC!
So on Saturday, my companion sister Housel cut her finger like way bad with her razor. So we had to go to the BYU Health Care center ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE MTC. it was crazy, i felt like we were breaking out or running away hahaha. She almost needed to get stitches, but luckily didnt, so all day we were singing "I'll be needing stitches"...we thought we were hilarious. 
Also, i literally eat salads everyday. im not a huge fan of the food here and i actually do not have much of an appetite (which is probably a shocker to anyone who knows me) but salads are good so im not complaining!
On Friday night last week, my district was in our normal classroom and instead of doing companion study, which we do a lot of, we just kinda started talking and ended up going around the room sharing our testimonies and why we decided to serve a mission. let me just tell you, never in my entire life have i felt the spirit so strong. it was unreal. everyone in my district has such an amazing testimony and have all used the atonement in their lives. it is so apparent that everyone who is out here is here because they want to be here for themselves. they want to share this beautiful gospel! these people really are my best friends. one sister in my district is from Trinidad and she has the kindest heart and the most amazing testimony. this morning our district got to go to the temple together for her first time, her own endowment session. it was such a special time i will never forget. 
Anyways!! Elder Bednar is coming to talk at the MTC tonight! i am so so excited i just love him, i mean who doesnt??? 
Here at the Missionary Training Center, you literally break down the doctrine to the deepest of deep. like you may think the aspect of prayer is simple but let me just tell you, theres so much more to learn about. its overwhelming how much we are learning, i have probably learned more in this past week here then i have learned in my entire 4 years of high school! 
i want to end with some things i have been thinking about: HEART work is HARD work! if you want to better yourself and turn all your wants and desires towards the Lord, you need to allow that to happen, and let me tell you something...its going to be HARD! but SOOO worth it! i already feel like i am changing into who God knows i can become. i feel so blessed. i have never felt my heavenly father's hand so much in my entire life! i love you all so much!
please please PLEASE write me! i love getting letters and mail, i can not tell you how amazing it feels. here is my address for the next 2 weeks!!

Sister Marissa Lynn Fletcher
Provo MTC Mission
Unit # 123 June 21 FL-TAL
2005 North 900 East
Provo UT 84604


I love you all and hope you have a great week!!
(Sorry this is so long hahaha)


Sister Housel and me on our first day
We are so much older and wiser, WOW ;)

My wonderful district! The two elders to my left are my bffs, LOVE THEM!

The girls in my district, my sistas!

Temple Sunday(:

No comments:

Post a Comment